API Group of Companies CELEBRATES 30 Years
Feb 22, 2016
(Sugar Land, Texas) – The API Group of Companies (API) celebrates 30 years as a driving force in the highly competitive flexible packaging industry. The family owned and operated enterprise began in 1986 with the inception of its first entity, Advance Polybag, Inc., now a leading producer in the plastic bag industry.
Accredo Packaging, Inc., an internationally-recognized manufacturer offering state-of-the-art sustainable flexible packaging options, became part of the API Group of Companies when it was established in 2009.
Founder Hank D. Nguyen set out with a vision to utilize the latest manufacturing technologies coupled with innovative designs, including the adaption of new materials to enhance value and performance in its packaging offerings. Over the course of the last 30 years, the API companies made that vision a reality, pioneering many new innovations including several industry firsts, including:
- The first co-extruded Grocery Bag offered in the U.S.;
- The proprietary Touch ‘N Go® Self-Opening Bag Dispensing System;
- The first company globally to manufacture a zippered stand-up pouch made from components certified compostable in accordance with ASTM 6400 standards;
- Pioneer of USDA approved renewably-sourced stand-up pouches;
- Developer of highly renewably-sourced film for Towel & Tissue overwrap and CO₂LLATION® shrink bundling film;
- The first reverse printed 2-ply recyclable PE laminated stand-up pouch, branded as AccredoFlex® RPTM;
- Global leader in Expanded Color Gamut process printing technology.
“From humble beginnings, our companies have become a driving force in the industry with over 1,000 employees and, because of our philosophy of continued product evolution with a focus on sustainability, we are privileged to serve some of the most recognized companies in the world” says Hank Nguyen, Chairman & CEO.
Chinh Nguyen, President & COO, attributes API’s continuing success to its investment in leading edge technologies, including high-tech plant operations, a dedicated workforce, and careful attention to its customers’ needs.
The API Group of Companies is headquartered in Sugar Land, Texas, with manufacturing facilities across the U.S. as well as overseas, and continues to enjoy phenomenal growth.
For further information, contact Malcolm Cohn, Director of Sustainability at 713-580-4872, or see our websites: