API® Believes in Environmental Responsibility
At Advance Polybag®, Inc. we are mindful of our responsibility to the environment and the stewardship it demands for a better world. As a company, we demonstrate environmental responsibility by our commitment to the initiatives of Recover, Reuse, Reduce and Recycle with our retail customers through a variety of programs.
Recycling is an essential element of sustainability and is a key component of API’s waste management program.
API’s products are produced primarily from polyethylene resin, a material with excellent recycling potential. Post-industrial waste from the manufacturing process is converted into new products, thereby reducing the consumption of virgin materials, reduce energy usage, and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
Consumers also play an influential role in determining end-of-life scenarios for plastic carrier bags. If used plastic bags are responsibly placed in a recycling bin (as opposed to a trash bin), the bags can be converted into new bags, with no landfill disposal required.
With proper recycling, plastic bags provide the most efficient, economical and sanitary means of conveying purchases from the store to the home, where they can be recycled or reused.
Benefits of our commitment to recycling programs:
- The cost of new products made from these plastics is reduced.
- The cost of waste disposal is reduced.
- Virgin resources are conserved.
- Fewer raw materials are used to manufacture packaging.
- Less energy is required for re-manufacture.
- A vibrant recycle industry infrastructure is maintained.
- API’s products are produced primarily from high density polyethylene (HDPE) resin, one of the most widely recycled plastic materials.
- We support the initiatives of Recover, Reuse, Reduce and Recycle with our customers through a variety of programs.
- API® is a member of the American Recyclable Plastic Bag Alliance (ARPBA) and The American Chemistry Council (ACC).
- Significant investment in state-of-the-art technology enables faster speeds to produce lower cost product with less energy – increased productivity.
- Raw materials are shipped in railcars eliminating over the road shipments and less fuel use.